Suffolk Community Healthcare is provided by a partnership of West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust and Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust. In addition our community equipment service is provided by Medequip, and our wheelchair service by Bartrams. Together we provide a full range of NHS community services to people across Suffolk, including:
- community hospitals
- community health teams - district nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, generic workers and healthcare assistants
- specialist services - continence, stoma, dermatology, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, epilepsy, neurology and Parkinson’s disease nurse specialists
- community intervention service
- minor injuries unit (MIU)
- speech and language therapy
- podiatry and foot and ankle surgery
- a community equipment and wheelchair service
- enabling services including domestic and catering services
- care coordination centre (CCC).
Children's services include:
- Paediatric medical team
- Paediatric physiotherapy service
- Paediatric occupational therapy team
- Paediatric speech and language therapy team
- Children’s community nursing team
- Community clinical psychology therapy team.
See the service pages for more information here
About Me - a way to help health professionals give you the best care
The Suffolk Disability and Health Action Group, in partnership with the Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust, has produced "ABOUT ME". It is to help anyone with a disability and/or health condition provide healthcare professionals with information about themselves in an easy-to-understand way that reduces the need to keep repeating it. You can use this for hospital and GP appointments, with carers, dentists, opticians and many others as well as when you go away on holiday. Download the document here.