A podiatrist is a degree educated healthcare professional specialising in the assessment and treatment of the foot and lower limb.
Podiatrists are involved in the treatment and management of the following conditions:
- Foot complications resulting from Diabetes Mellitis
- Foot complications resulting from Rheumatoid Arthritis and related conditions
- Foot complications due to poor circulation.
- Pathological corns and callus
- Ingrowing toe nails
- General foot and lower leg pain
Except for high-risk patients, we do not provide a basic nail-cutting service. Patients unable to manage self-care should seek help from a friend or relative, or a HCPC registered private podiatrist.
We are not commissioned to provide treatment for:
- Warts or verrucae. However an advice leaflet is available on the footcare advice page
- Treatment for children under 5 years old. An advice sheet for childrens feet is also available