We provide a range of specialist services across the county to support to people with a wide range of conditions.
- specialist nursing for people living with neurological conditions including Parkinson’s disease and epilepsy
- a falls prevention team, and specialist nurses whose focus is on fragility fractures and osteoporosis.
- a Bladder and Bowel team working with people who have continence problems - these can be suffered at any age, for example by people who have had surgery*
- a specialist team for people who have a stoma (a surgically created opening which allows waste to leave the body)
- heart failure service
- cardiac rehabilitation team
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) team working to support people in the community, and prevent hospital admission (also care for people requiring oxygen at home)
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation team - using physiotherapy and exercise courses to help people with respiratory challenges to maintain independence.
We also run groups to encourage peer support for people with various conditions - for example for falls prevention, including exercise courses.
Referral would normally be made by your GP or hospital consultant.
Adult Speech and Language Therapy:
Provides asssessment, treatment and advice for patients experiencing acquired communication and swallowing difficulties. We also offer a service to adults who stammer. People can access the service via their GP, through other health professionals or may self-refer.
* If you have unused, unopened continence products, these can be collected from you, which really helps us to save resources. to arrange for free collection please call the Care Co-ordination Centre on 0300 123 2425.